Blogging has been around for a few years, some businesses have embraced it wholeheartedly, whilst many still do not for a number of reasons. I am surprised that there are still a significant number of individuals who don’t know what blogging is or have heard of it. It is not really the mainstay of marketing professionals, but a fantastic channel of communication that has given a voice to the masses.
If you are unsure as to whether or not blogging is for your business, here are some reasons to at least give it a try…
- Businesses that post a blog daily see 5 times more traffic to their websites
- Blogs with at least 51 posts see 53% more traffic
- Professional bloggers blog 2-3 times per week
- Blogs maximise organic search engine optimisation if they are integral to a website
- Consumers increasingly trust blogs
- 40% all blogs are business orientated
- Information on blogs is shared through email the most
- 90% of bloggers use Facebook and 80% of bloggers use Twitter to promote their blogs
- The most effective tools for promoting blogs are Facebook and Twitter
- Blogging is great for educating your audience and can help them solve problems beyond direct sales
In summary, the more often you blog, the more your website will see an increase in traffic. The use of other social media platforms can accelerate the process. Once a following is significant, revenue can be earned from blogging through display ads and affiliate marketing links to Ebay and Amazon.
Please subscribe to this blog to keep up to date with marketing news